EducationB.S.E.E. from New Jersey Institute of Technology, Masters Information Science from University of Phoenix (3.97)
ExperienceI tutored Geometry, Algebra and German I & 2
My Work Experience:
AMI Research and Development – RF Design Engineer 8/12 – Present
• RF design, simulations (ADS), test and integration of an NQR detection system for explosives.
• Architected the RF system, wrote all specifications and test procedures
• Other responsibilities include RF propagation analysis and proposal writing.
BAE Systems - Senior Principal Engineer – (RF Systems Engineering) 2/02 – 8/12
• Responsible for test, evaluation and integration of the (WIN-T) 2kW antenna system being developed for the military. This includes creating test plans, procedures and testing all RF characteristics of the antenna system utilizing spectrum and modulation analysis. Also responsible for debugging and troubleshooting the hardware.
• Responsible for leading a radio systems team to develop a wideband radio system for the Army (FCS). Tasks include requirements analysis, RF Link range analysis and filter analysis of the Radio systems on ground and air vehicles.
• Lead an RF design team tasked with the development of a 200-500W L-Band Power Amplifier (JSF). Specific tasks include cost account management and defining the technical requirements with systems engineering.
M/A-COM – Senior RF Design Engineer 11/01 – 2/02
• Responsible for working with a hardware design team that was developing a chip set for cellular phones. The technology employed circuitry that will be used in GSM and cdma2000 cellular phones.
• Responsible for defining the transmitter tests and lab equipment for this development project while working with the component designers.
Lucent Technologies – MTS (RF Design) 9/96 – 11/01
• Worked as a lead engineer responsible for specifying, testing and evaluating the front end RF hardware for a (3G) Base Wide Band CDMA Transceiver Station and UMTS system. This included creating test plans and procedures for the power amplifier testing, and debugging the RF and control circuitry for LTE (Long Term Evolution) PCS, CDMA type systems.
• Tasks included writing design specifications and test plans, managing the test effort for evaluating the duplexers, LNA and High Power Amplifiers for LTE (W-CDMA) systems, as well as communicating with other departments such as Manufacturing, Systems Engineering, and Sub-system Design groups.
• Other responsibilities included working as a lead engineer on a team tasked to design and develop a digital radio design focusing on the Receiver (CDMA - PCS (1900MHz) phone). Specific duties were to develop Receiver specifications and test plans, including design and evaluation of the receiver per IS-95A requirements. These responsibilities included extensive lab work and utilization of RF simulations tools (Agilent-EESOF, ADS).
GEC-Marconi - Principal Engineer (RF Design) 5/93 - 9/96
• Functioned as lead engineer tasked with the design of an Exciter and pre-amp driver for a spread spectrum TDMA (JTIDS) communications system.
• Also charged with developing an IFF detection board to fit into a SEM-E module using surface mount technology and telecom parts.
• Other duties included design modifications to receiver, synthesizer and Power Amp circuits operating at L-band frequencies. These responsibilities included supervising production support personnel, troubleshooting and designing test equipment. Provided scheduling and man-loading.
ITT Avionics - SMTS (RF Design) 5/83-2/85 and 2/86-5/93
• Functioned as a lead engineer on a team charged with design, test and integration of a Ku-band RF transceiver for the Air Force (ALQ-172)
• Duties included formulation of test plans and specifications for modifications and generation of RF component specifications.
• Responsible for the design of the RF subsystem for the ATRJ jamming system, employing the EESOF CAD tools for design and simulation of RF characteristics. Also tasked with building and testing the resultant RF sub-system.
• Previously responsible for designing software to control instrumentation and receiver systems.
• Also tasked to integrate the hardware/software and demonstrate these systems to the customer in a lab environment.
Lockheed Electronics Company - RF Design Engineer (RF Engineering) 2/85 - 2/86
• Responsibilities included design and analysis of microwave circuits.
• Duties included the utilization of CAD programs (SUPERCOMPACT) to analyze circuits and component parameters for the design and analysis of HF, VHF, UHF and X-band receivers for direction finding systems.
• K. Colon, B. Woods, and J. Lopez. White Paper: RF Link Analysis for Future Combat Systems. BAE System Engineering News, 2010
• K. Colon, B. Woods and J. Lopez. White Paper: RF Filter Analysis for the Future Combat Systems Ground Vehicles. BAE Systems Engineering News, 2010
COMPUTER SKILLS: Familiar with the Agilent CAD products. Working knowledge of UNIX, LABVIEW, C and C++, and various CAD programs
HobbiesI'm a musician (guitar & bass). I play semi-professionally and can teach Bass lessons too.
Algebra 1 &2, Basic Math, College Math, Pre-calculus, Geometry, German, Bass (Music), 10th Grade math, 11th Grade math, AP Physics 1, 10th Grade math, 11th Grade math, 12th Grade math, 6th Grade math, 7th Grade math, 8th Grade math, 9th Grade math, Algebra 1, Algebra 2, AP Calculus AB, AP Statistics, Calculus 1, AP Physics 1
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.